Word of Life Olympians meets on Wednesday nights from 7 to 8:30 p.m., from the first Wednesday in September to the first Wednesday in June. Our program is for kids in grades 1-6.
Here’s what you can expect from a normal night Olympians!
– Bible Study: The main focus of our ministry. This time, which consititutes roughly 20-30 minutes of the night, consists of a message directly from God’s Word on a variety of topics, from Old Testament heroes to New Testament themes, and everything in between!
– Word of Life Curriculum: Our program consists of an official Word of Life “Quiet Time” journal, which encourages your kids to stay in the Bible every day, as well as a verse pack for scripture memorization, and book reports on all kinds of Christian books available in our library! Completion of the program leads to a variety of rewards, such as “Olympian Bucks” that can be spent in our official store, to reward trips for completing each of the three levels of the year (Bronze, Silver and Gold levels). These trips usually include “The Great Olympians Scavenger Hunt” and ice cream social in the spring for the Silver Level, and a special mystery trip at the end of the year for the Gold Level for everyone who finishes the program!
– Christian Service: A huge part of our program is encouraging the completion of “Christian Service,” or serving someone else in Jesus’ name without expecting anything in return. These types of activities are scattered throughout the year, and typically include writing notes of encouragement, service projects helping others with tasks, and much more.
– Singing: Two to three songs per night (complete with puppets!) singing the praises of our Lord Jesus Christ!
– Games: Either in the gym or with Quiz Time in the Olympians room, there is no shortage of fun to be had every single night! We have a variety of equipment at our disposal, and our leaders have some of the most creative minds for games this side of the Mississippi!
– Personal Training (PT) Time: Small groups where children get an in depth understanding of that night’s Bible lesson, share prayer requests and develop relationships with their leaders. This is a special time designed to help your child grow even more in their faith as they learn new things from the Bible.
Check out some more highlights from a typical Olympians year:
– SPLASH!: Our awesome water-themed introductory night, held in August two weeks before the start of the year. This night acts as our official kickoff to the Olympians year. This fun-filled night includes a family dinner, a night of water games (better bring that towel!), snacks, and a Bible lesson!
– FASCAR: An afternoon of exciting Matchbox car racing, crafts, snacks, and all kinds of other activities, concluded with a gospel message.
– Theme Nights: Theme nights, which are spread out all throughout the year, include Sports Night, Hero Night, GLOW, What Are You Thankful For?, Olympians Beach Blast, Crazy Hair Night, and Red, White and Blue Night, among others. There is no shortage of opportunities for your kids to dress up and have fun at Olympians!
– Operation Christmas Child: Every year, we collect shoeboxes for Samaritan’s Purse and fill them with gifts for children from third world countries. This is a great Christian Service that has become an annual favorite for our program.
– Spring Food Drive: Usually held throughout March and April, Olympians conducts an annual food drive to benefit the Eastford Food Pantry. This is a great opportunity for kids to think about those less fortunate and do what they can to help!
– Olympians Got Talent!: An annual talent show held in the spring (parents are invited) aimed at developing the talents given to our children by God!
– Christmas Caroling: Usually held in early December, we take an entire night out on the town to sing Christmas carols to local seniors!
– Teen Club Takeover: A night of Olympians in the spring hosted entirely by the Teen Club teens!
– College Care Packages: Held in February, we collect items for our church’s college students, and pack them some care packages full of food and love!
– AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
If you have any questions about the Olympians program, or would like more information, please contact the administrator, Adam Minor, at (860) 377-3494, or e-mail him at email@example.com.